Friday 17 February 2012

My new frugal life...

As you can imagine, being a one income family in this day and age is not easy.  I have now decided that I want to do away with our Credit Card - pay it off completely and then cut it up.  I want to reduce our household spending as far as possible while giving my family the best life I can.  If I can't earn money, I am to save it as best I can.  I've recently signed up to do the Total Money Makeover (TMMO) where I have found forums dedicated to living frugally.  Here I aim to share how we do it while maintaining an awesome family way of life.  I'm lucky in that I love to cook, and being an at home Mum, I also have the time to indulge in making lots of things from scratch, so here I am going to share with you lots of our favourite recipes and tips along the way.
The biggest shift has been in how I handle the family's finances.  I am now using the good old "envelope system" to portion out pays as they come in.  I didn't like the plain white ones because they look like they all have bills in them, so my first job as Cindy 2.0 was to make some new ones out of some scrap fabric I had lying around. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment