Monday 14 February 2011

Cool Gadget–Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine






This is my baby.  My hard working, favourite of favourite pieces of kit.  It does almost everything!  I’m sure if I had of bought it a few years earlier, it could have changed nappies too!  I’ve had it for coming up on 18 months now, and I honestly don’t know how I ever survived without it.  I got rid of my breadmaker because with the dough hook, it kneads beautifully.  I can put my bread ingredients in, set the timer and walk away.  Fifteen minutes later, I can come back and guess what – it’s ready to rise!  Seriously, how easy is that!  I do have to admit, 9 times out of 10 when I make bread, it is a hand shaped loaf, so I only rarely ever used to bake my bread in the machine, preferring to use the oven.

It has a lovely big whisk, and with its planetary action, there are not spots in the middle that don’t get mixed.  My favourite mixing “bit” though is the K-beater with a built in spatula.  Yep, it beats and scrapes down the inside of the bowl at the same time!  Awesome?  I think so!  When I bought it, Kenwood had a special offer available where you got the juicer, mincer and sausage making attachments free via redemption.  I had my form in the mail that afternoon, and sure enough, a week or two later, they arrived in the mail.  I was able to give away my old Breville juicer which took up an enormous amount of space in the cupboard, and the mincer is fantastic!  To see what it can do, be sure to check back tomorrow to read about our sausage making escapades and how it matches up to the ever popular Kitchenaid!

When it comes to buttercream, you really need a bench top mixer to do it, and this one does the job really well.  Unlike my Breville mixer, I can set the timer for 20 minutes, and it will mix on high speed without even heating up!

So what is your favourite kitchen appliance?  Be sure to leave a comment and let us know what piece of equipment you just can’t live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment